By Our Chief Reporter
With students getting read for the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination of Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education from Monday, here are FIVE DO’S AND DON’T’S that the student should do. We bring to you these vital tips from Retired School Headmaster GURUDAS SAMANT who headed – Shri Ram High School and Barabhumi High School – Goa’s two of the most renowned educational institutions located in rural-most area .
- This may be a difficult decision to take for those addicted to mobile gaming and `whatsapp’ but is most important that the student should switch off his mobile phone during the days of examination to avoid losing concentration. Also avoid watching television.
- To avoid eleventh hour rush, try to visit the examination centre a day in advance and find out which block your seat is. This will help you to ensure that you are not rushing to see your examination hall during last minute.
- Keep ready all the necessities like Hall ticket, Books, Note books, Pencils, Eraser, Pens, Compass Box in your bag before going to sleep in the night. Last minute hurry is not healthy.
- Avoid any negative thoughts in mind. Inculcate the feeling that ‘I CAN DO IT’ and ‘I WILL DO IT’. Also have regular meals in time and don’t skip them in the guise of studies.
- No use of burning midnight lamps during eleventh hour. Sleep at 9 p.m. and rise at 5 a.m. so that you are fresh in your mind. Revise your subject after getting up at 5 a.m.
FIVE DON’T DO
- Avoid arguments with parents, siblings and other family members, as you should know that they are also equally stressed with your examination worries.
- Don’t keep your mind disturbed and let it go astray. Just think about the studies, and keep all other things for vacations.
- Don’t compare you with your friends as you are unique.
- Try to avoid talking to friends to discuss about examination.
- Ask your parents to leave early to go for examinations to avoid the situations like traffic jams or last minute developed problems to your vehicle.