GOA: “I SHOULD BE THE CHOSEN ONE BECAUSE I HAVE EVERYTHING THAT RUBARU MR. INDIA REQUIRES”: ABHISHEK OHRI
When and how did you begin modelling? Were you studying or working before then?
- I joined Barry Jones academy of acting while I was in college and soon after that, I started taking up modelling assignments.
Why modelling when you could have settled in for a more stable permanent career?
- The word modelling evokes the perception of “life of glamour”, but I feel it is a very challenging and influential field and not everyone is fortunate enough to make a mark. I took up this field with a view to make a difference in whatever way I can and prove that this is a very responsible career option as well.
Tell me about your first assignment. If any, how did it happen? What was the experience like?
- My first assignment was an advertisement for Help Age India. The ad was about an old guard of a housing society, who takes care of everyone. So, I being a responsible, empathetic youngster surprises him with a cake on his birthday. I felt so connected with that ad that I realized how important it is for us to love someone of our grandparent’s age. Respecting and loving elders is a thing which is taught to all of us since childhood irrespective of our region, caste or creed. Also, all that love and attention the old people crave from their near and dear ones should be given to them by such little acts of kindness.
What do you feel makes you a good model? Your face? Your body? Your attitude? As opposed to others?
- Attitude is a little thing that can make a big difference. Our attitude can change course of every situation. So I feel my attitude is my biggest strength that makes me a good model and different from others.
Why Rubaru Mr. India when there are so many local pageants that happen??
- Ruburu Mr. India provides you with a wide platform, lots of opportunities to explore and prove ourselves that on the other hand, no other pageant provides. Therefore, according to me this pageant is the best.
Did Mr. India just happen to you along the way – or were you preparing to take part in the pageant?
- It just happened along the way. I never planned to compete on such a platform.
Tell us about how you train for it. What is the regimen like? What are the challenges involved?
- I am doing intensive physical training twice a day. Morning starts with cardio-session for weight loss and heavy weight training, body functional and cross fit in the evening.
- Apart from exercise and strict diet, I am working on my diction, looks, and promptness in answering questions. The day gets very challenging as I am covering every aspect required to become a winner.
What makes you feel you should be the chosen one? What’s different about you as a contestant?
I should be the chosen one because I have everything that Rubaru Mr. India requires- passion, hardwork, smart work, EQ, ability to influence, lead and vision etc.
How will winning Mr. India pageant will be going to affect your life?
Winning this pageant would enable me to make a difference, which I might not be able to make otherwise. Already Rubaru Mr. India has given me so much confidence. So I feel, winning it would definitely make a big difference to my life very positively.
What are your views and thoughts for the cause camping of save girl child, how you will educate to stop this in our country?
I believe, whoever I am is because of a woman. Every person should be thankful to women for being on this planet Earth. Winning this competition would give me a platform to spread my views across to larger number of people. According to me, people should be aware of what pivotal role girls have in our lives and what place women hold in this universe. Even lord Shiva, according to ancient mythology, took the roop of Ardhnareeshwar in order to explain the importance of women. Thus, it is very important to save girl child. SAVE GIRL CHILD TO SAVE HUMANITY.