PANAJI CONSTITUENCY IS LUCKY, THEY ARE GETTING READYMADE CHIEF MINISTER: SIDDHARTH
He seemed little emotional but he played the best role as BJP cadre, showing no sign that he was asked to resign against his wish.
When Siddharth Kuncalienkar tendered his resignation as Panaji MLA, the best justification he gave was “Panaji constituency is lucky, they are getting readymade Chief Minister.”
In his first ever media interaction after resigning from the post, Siddharth repeatedly mentioned about sacrifice by Manohar Parrikar for the sake of the State when he quit Union Defence Minister portfolio. Siddharth said the sacrifice that he is making is much smaller compared to what Parrikar has done.
This is what he told reporters:
- “After assembly results there was unanimous decision that Manohar Parrikar will lead the government.”
- “The alliance partners too wanted the government to be led by Manohar Parrikar”.
- “Parrikar left defence ministry and his position as number four minister in the central cabinet for the sake of Goa.”
- “The kind of sacrifice that Parrikar made is enormous. My sacrifice is very small compared to him.”
- “I took all my workers into confidence before resigning as MLA.”
- “Panaji constituency people are lucky, they are getting readymade CM which will help development of the constituency.”
- “I was not custodian of Parrikar’s seat. I did my best that is why I got re-elected in 2017 despite heavyweights contesting against me.”